January is the time of the year for students in the iT program to begin looking at the next courses in their strands so they can be ready for the February registration for the 2019-2020 school year.
We have created for you a basic chart that you will need to follow for your sequencing options at each grade level.
Note that any options not clearly suggested must be approved by the iT Coordinator. Please make sure that you check the iT website for any ‘new’ course information and prerequisites for class scheduling.
Here are some general rules:
- iT Students who are currently in jeopardy of failing any core or their iT class (D or F) are considered to be on probation and will not be assigned an iT class until they are deemed passing their current classes.
- iT Students must take at least one (1) Core class per year
- All requested classes must meet prerequisites.
- PLTW classes may be taken as electives (see PLTW on the website)
- Once an iT student takes an elective PLTW class with an A/B they may request from the iT Coordinator iT credit for any additional classes taken through PLTW if they can show evidence of connection to their iT focus.
- Only students in the iT Multimedia strand can take iT Photography as an iT core or an elective.
- Strand change requests must be made in accordance to the ‘Strand Change Request’ document.
Here are the suggested pathway guidelines for registration.