*iT Awards Night May 22, 7 – 8:30 in the auditorium
All Awards and certificates will be presented at the iT Awards Night
Recognition of Service for Graduation!
- Forest Park iT students are required to complete 40 hours for a community service Click on this link to go to Naviance to enter your hours, reflections, documents and photos for verification.
- Emphasis should be placed on local community projects and school activities. Make sure that you offer evidence of the any community service preformed outside of the school. This evidence should be in the form a letter of recognition from the sponsors and/or a written reflection with sponsor contact details, which should be uploaded to Naviance. Forms are due at the end of the 3rd quarter and will not be accepted after April 24th 2019 for the class of 2019
- Note: Project Lead the Way is an elective program open to all of the students at FPHS. iT students in the Computer Science and Networking strands are encouraged to take these classes as electives, if they meet the prerequisites. Once a student is enrolled in an elective PLTW class and have successfully completed the elective course with an A/B they maybe able to use PLTW classes as their core iT classes the following year if they get approval from both the iT Coordinator and the PLTW instructors (transfer students can only do this in their senior year).
Students will receive a SILVER medal if they complete four iT classes with no grade below a 2.0 (C) in any iT class and have an overall 2.0 GPA. Students must be enrolled in at least one iT core class each year.
Students will receive a GOLD medal if they complete six iT courses (or 5 iT core and one STEM AP course) with no grade below a 3.0 (B) in any iT class or designated STEM AP class and have an 3.0 overall GPA. Students must be enrolled in at least one core iT class each year.
Note: Grades are not weighted in our GPA formula
iT Special Recognition Award:
Note: Seniors must initiate the request for the Special Recognition Award by the end of the 3rd quarter prior to graduation.
**Students must first meet all the Gold Medal Standards and have achieved 3 of the following:
1. Students must hold at least 1 industry certification from your iT classes.
2. Students must have scored at least a 4 on any STEM AP Examination
3. Students must have multiple industry certifications (ex: Adobe certification as well as A+ network cert.)
4. Student has competed over 100 hours of verified community service within their iT discipline. (note: not more than 20 hours in any one activity can be counted towards this award unless approved)
This award given to iT students must have documented evidence in the student’s iT Portfolio. See Mr. Hackett or Mr. Smith for more details.