*iT Awards Night May 23rd at 7 pm in the auditorium *
Click here for this years Award Winners: All Awards and certificates will be presented at the iT Awards Night
Recognition of Service for Graduation!
- Forest Park iT students are required to complete 40 hours for a community service forms and instructions can be found here. Emphasis should be placed on local community projects and school activities. Make sure that you offer evidence of the any community service preformed outside of the school. This evidence should be in the form a letter of recognition from the sponsors and/or a written reflection with sponsor contact details. Forms are due at the end of the 3rd quarter and will not be accepted after April 23rd, 2018
Students will receive a SILVER medal if they complete four iT classes with a 2.0 GPA and no grade below a 2.0 (C) in any iT class. Students must be enrolled in at least one iT core class each year.
Students will receive a GOLD medal if they complete six iT courses (or 5 iT core and one STEM AP course) with a 3.0 overall GPA with no grade below a 3.0 (B) in any iT class. Students must be enrolled in at least one iT class each year.
Note: Grades are not weighted in our GPA formula
iT Special Recognition Award:
Note: Seniors must initiate the request for the Special Recognition Award by the end of the 3rd quarter prior to graduation.
**Students must first meet all the Gold Medal Standards and have achieved 2 of the following:
1. Students must hold at least 1 industry certification from your iT classes.
2. Students must have scored at least a 4 on any STEM AP Examination
3. Students must have multiple industry certifications (ex: Adobe certification as well as A+ network cert.)
4. Students must have a 3.0 (B+) or better in any STEM based Dual Enrollment class. (iT Programming DE, iT WebTech DE)
5. Student has competed over 100 hours of verified community service within their iT discipline.
This award given to iT students must have documented evidence in the student’s iT Portfolio. See Mr. Hackett or Mr. Smith for more details.