Prerequisite: IT Fundamentals
Classes after: Note students must attempt industry certifications in order to advance to the next class: Advanced Cyber Systems Tech
- Introduction to the Personal Computer
- Safe Lab Procedures and Tool Use
- Computer Assembly – Step by Step
- Basics of Preventative Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Fundamental Operating Systems
- Fundamental Laptops and Portable Devices
- Fundamental Printers and Scanners
- Fundamental Networks
- Fundamental Security
- Communication Skills
- Hardware portion of the CompTIA A+ certification exam.
Cyber Systems Tech is a lot of reading and memorization. There are a lot of technology concepts and systems that need to be understood. Every hardware piece and computer parts and variations on computer parts are explored by students in depth. Students learn all the devices and their internal workings. Students learn more about the hardware of computers and do hands-on repair of computer hardware and software. They learn BIOS information as well as OS function. You must take the hardware portion of the CompTIA A+ certification exam.